I suggest you ...

Allow total branding of pro accounts

Being able to upload your logo and pick a theme is not enough, need to be able to set the hex codes for each area so that it actually looks like it's part of a pro customers brand. Similar to basecamps system.

348 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DaRKoN_DaRKoN_ shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • baritoneukbaritoneuk commented  · 

Just signed up for a pro account today. Very pleased with it, but I suppose I am a little dissapointed in the level of customization. It would be great if you could set the background colour of the page for example, or as the first person said- be able to put the hex codes for the colour of each element. Even better would be to upload a stylesheet.
        The other issue is that the email address the email to the client is sent from is do-not-reply@clienteditor.com which I suppose is ok, but it would be good if it could send from one of our addresses.
        Having said all that, I really do like Cushy CMS and think this is going to help our business in the long term.

• Evan BarashEvan Barash commented  · 

Totally agree! The ability to change the email templates that send out messages to Editors, change the Welcome email, etc, would also be HIGHLY desirable!

• Stateless SystemsStateless Systems commented  · 

I believe we've remedied the issues mentioned in comments above this point. If you notice any further issues then please create a seperate "suggestion" rather than posting comments here- that way we can track/resolve everything.

Thanks,
        team cushy

• beantownbeantown commented  · 

Total agree - CSS editing options for the entire template, headers, etc. The biggest thing would be REMOVING any references to Cushy. I was about to upgrade today until I read this request. I will upgrade as soon as the above items are resolved - then it will be really useful.

• riffianriffian commented  · 

In our preferences page, why not let us edit CSS styles to totally brand the site. CSS Zen Garden, anyone? (http://www.csszengarden.com/) It would be better if we could host Cushy on our own servers, but failing that, more control over branding is important. Or how about being able to mask things so that it looks like it's on our servers?

• living blueprintliving blueprint commented  · 

the main thing for me is just being able to match the color of the header so it fits with our logo better.

• cvfosscvfoss commented  · 

Big deal for me too. I'd like to sell this as part of package deals. Doesn't have to be 100% brandable (what Basecamp offers is enough for me), but any references to CushyCMS should be removed.

• NatetronnNatetronn commented  · 

Total branding must be a given by all means with the pro account IMHO. Which is why I put in for the "cushycms" class to be editable. Anything and everything that would give away that this is cushycms (besides to those of us who already know that it is) should be eliminated in the pro version if it is going to be sold as "Custom branding."

• scoopscoop commented  · 

Nevermind!
        I figured it out.... .com at the end of my url naturally wasn't working when I entered my subdomain URL - and so I didn't have a page to go to.... all beautiful now!

• scoopscoop commented  · 

Just signed up for the Pro version - I agree with all - the comments above - BUT - in addition - my logo isn't showing up at all - checked in 2 browsers - signed myself up under another email as an editor - no logo!

• jmdjmd commented  · 

I really would pay for the PRO version but only if I can charge a client for it. Trying to explain why I've charged them for what they can see is a Free service doesn't really appeal! Just have a completely separate site that says something like "clienteditor.com - The world's greatest CMS" and that's it! Sort this out and you've got another paying customer by the end of the week :-)

• beejereenobeejereeno commented  · 

Huge deal-breaker for me as well. Why bother paying the premium price for "branding" if you can't properly brand it? This is a no-brainer.

• T.KickT.Kick commented  · 

again ... totally agrre with dinoman ... I'm now testing the system with one client only, wich I know is more then happy with this setup, but some more serious clients ..... not yet .... I'd really like issues like this to be resolved before I take that extra step ....

• dinomandinoman commented  · 

I just got the PRO account and I am going to stop it right away!
        I loged in as an editor to see what my client would see and WOW there is CUSHY name everywhere! I can not believe that there is a link that says BECOME A DESIGNER then it takes them to a CUSHY branded page!

I love this idea but this is a show stopper for me.

• jp91384jp91384 commented  · 

I agree, having the capability to at least set colors by adjusting different hexadecimal values should be implemented.

Feedback and Knowledge Base